Friday, April 22, 2011


Barbara's Friends:

We were saddened to learn of Barbara's accident but we are heartened by knowing that she is beginning the healing process. Before coming home from the hospital her daughter Annie rearranged Barbra's farmhouse to make it more accessible during her recovery. Friends helped Barbara set up a drawing table she can use while in her wheelchair so she can continue with her art. A kind neighbor is caring for her animals. Life at Fox Friendly Farm continues!

Her accident also provides an opportunity for her to slow down and explore the healing process.
I foresee the awakening of the bears which surround Barbara in her home and their shining light in her healing and recovery. And I think that this blog can lead to a dialogue with her friends to explore their healing stories as well as to follow hers.

If you live in the area and would like to help let us know when you might have an hour or two to contribute with some seasonal tasks that Barbara is not yet able to complete; or, you may make a dollar contribution at Barbara's website at http://www.polarbeargallery.com/donate.html .

Barbara will happily give or send you a print of "Inner Light" as a thank you. If you would like it mailed to you be sure to send your mailing address to Barbara at  bsbsfoxfriendlyfarm@gmail.com

Stay connected and share.

2 comments:

  1. Hello: I am now connected and a follower. I hope that you are feeling stronger and ever peaceful. I found this delightful quote from Rumi, "The wound is the place where the Light enters you". Immediately, I saw the connection of this insight to your drawing, Inner Light. Margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara! Oh my goodness, we had no idea!! I read your story when you first posted it and I sent an email to you in response, but I'm not so sure you have had a chance to read it yet. Anyway, not long after our visit when I picked up our chickens, I awoke one morning thinking about you. It was an odd, anxious feeling that I cannot explain, but I brushed it off as just reminiscing over our snowy morning spent in warm conversation together. Then, about two or three weeks ago I got a new cell phone, but made sure to transfer all my photos from my old phone to my new phone. There were several of you and your animal friends on the old phone that transferred to the new one. As I was looking through the pictures, again I felt a sense of urgency to call you but I brushed off the feeling for a second time. Shame on me!!! Had I made the phone call, we would have known about your accident sooner. Henry and I are keeping you close at heart in our thoughts and prayers, and sending an abundance of well wishes your way. Please be well. We will be in touch soon.
    Love,
    Bev and Henry Biela

    ReplyDelete